Are you looking for some exercise and an intimate way to explore Crystal River in a timeless fashion?
Really connect with nature and the river by renting a kayak.
Here at Manatee Swim Center we have an extensive fleet of durable and easy-to-use kayaks – exactly what you need to see Kings Bay and Crystal River up close and personal.
Take things at your pace by renting a kayak perfectly matched to you according to size, strength and ability.
On an adventure with a family member or friend? Consider renting one of our tandem kayaks so you can share the paddling. Alternatively, take one each and investigate your own interests!
As a recreational rental facility committed to providing our customers with the very best service, we operate throughout the year from our water-based launch site located near Three Sisters Springs.
With us you won’t have to waste any time getting a shuttle bus or having to load up and follow a trailer to a packed launch site, before then unloading and getting changed. So for our clients, we have the convenience of a private launch site directly located on the water
In other words, with us you’ll just spend your time doing what you came to do: kayaking along the river!
One of the most enchanting aspects of navigating the waterways by kayak is the opportunity to go where you want when you want. If you wish to turn back and return to an idyllic spot you’ve discovered, you’re free to do so. Do you fancy speeding through one area to spend more time at another one? The choice is yours!
The small size and maneuverability of kayaks means you will be able to search winding brooks and small coves with ease. Not only are you likely to see manatees, but you might also get close to river otters and a vast array of fish including tarpon, snapper, Spanish mackerel and pompano. A wonderful variety of birds can be seen, from woodpeckers, wood storks and warblers to herons, ducks and shorebirds.
What you will receive
We want to make sure you have a fantastic experience so we make sure you’re equipped with all you will need. You will have:
- A kayak and paddle matched to your requirements
- A personal flotation device
- A map
- Our quick and easy Kayaking How To instructions if you’re new to it or need a quick refresher
- Our inside information on where manatees and other wildlife have been seen recently
- The convenience of a private launch site located on the water
- The peace of mind that comes with being on a protected bay with almost no current whatsoever
What you will need
Aside from a sense of adventure and your common sense, there isn’t much you need to bring apart from:
- Layered clothing – so you can keep cool as the temperature rises
- A dry bag and change of clothes – just in case you take a spill!
- A waterproof cell phone bag – keep your cell, camera and other valuables dry
If you don’t have them, we sell dry bags and waterproof cell phone bags.
Our kayaks are not only premium quality, safe and comfortable – they come at fantastic prices too. We accept all major credit cards and our rates are as follows:
|Half day||Full day|
Where we are
You will find the Manatee Swim Center at 614 NW US19 Crystal River, Florida 34428.
To ensure the best possible experience for everyone there are a few points we want to draw to your attention:
- Kayaks cannot exceed a weight limit of 300 lbs
- We require you to sign both a waiver and a rental damage agreement before you depart
- Rental times for full days are 8am to 4pm
- Rental times for half days are either 8am to 12pm or 12pm to 4pm
- Walk-ins are welcome between 8am and 2pm
- Late return is subject to an extra fee of $5 for every minute late
- If you are unable to return to our rental site and we have to come out to you on the water to collect you, there is a flat fee of $60 plus a rate of $30 per hour per boat
- No fishing is permitted on the river
Call the Manatee Swim Center on 352-436-6077 and book yourself a day to remember!